|AMERICAN||30 TO 60 MINUTES|
The recipe for these cupcakes was born from my great love for the Drunken Cherry cake. Isn’t a chocolate sponge cake soaked in cognac notes, a delicate cream and freshness of cherries an ideal combination?
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Vanilla sugar||1 sachet|
|Fresh or canned cherries||0.5 kg|
|Cognac or Whiskey||2 tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||150-170 g|
|Philadelphia cheese||400 g|
|Fresh cherries (for decoration)||20 pcs.|
- First, beat with mixer the softened butter with sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt. And well beat.
- Mix the baking powder with flour and sift through a sieve. Add the sifted flour to the dough and continue whisking with a mixer.
- Now add the milk and mix well again.
- Add cocoa and mix.
- Add the cherries and mix well with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour the dough into molds and put in the oven, preheated to 175 ºС for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, add a couple of tablespoons of whiskey or cognac to the cherry juice.
- When the cupcakes are ready and have cooled slightly, pierce them with a toothpick evenly over the entire surface and pour cherry juice with whiskey, trying to get into the holes made.
For the cream, first beat with mixer the butter softened to room temperature, 3-4 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and continue to whisk.
Add Philadelphia cheese and beat until smooth. For beauty, the cream can be tinted with a little red food coloring.
Put the cream in a pastry bag, make a cream cap on cupcakes and decorate with fresh cherries on top.
P.S. Enjoy your meal!
Chocolate cupcakes with delicate cream, juicy cherries and a little secret will become a real decoration of the festive table!