|EUROPEAN||60 TO 90 MINUTES|
The female characters in the “A Song of Ice and Fire” impress me. Everyone knows how George Martin loves famously spinning stories and how cool he does it, so his women are so strong and unexpected.
For example, Sansa Stark – is the eldest daughter of Eddard Stark, Lord Winterfell and the Guardian of the North. In the first books of the cycle there is nothing entertaining about her: polite, charming, beautiful. Sweet quiet and model princess.
At Disney, they like to surround such characters with butterflies and chipmunks. But from the very beginning George Martin hints: do not be mistaken about her. A girl who prefers lemon cakes is not as simple as it seems, and she will also make herself known.
Sansa’s love for lemon cakes is one of her most accurate characteristics. A dish where there are opposites – lemon and sugar, salt and vanilla, biscuit and icing – has a distinct taste message.
It is difficult to resist symbolism: the calm and comfort of a soft biscuit on the one hand and on the other – icing, sparkling with the taste of a lemon. The sweetness of power, money and court entertainment, and in contrast – the acid of intrigue and betrayal.
And all this in one dessert, in one cake, which Sansa loves with obsession, which is known to almost all the rulers of Westeros.
|Oatmeal or cereal||120 g|
|Coconut oil||30 g|
|Honey or other liquid sweetener||40 g|
|For Lemon Cream:|
|Boiled cauliflower||270 g|
|Coconut cream||150 – 200 ml|
|Starch (any)||2 tablespoons|
|Zest and lemon juice||1 lemon|
|Honey or other light sweetener||50 g|
|Turmeric (for color)||1/4 teaspoon|
120 g of oatmeal or cereal for the base can be replaced with rice flour, coconut or almond.
- Refrigerate coconut cream in the fridge for at least 2 hours. We do not need the lower separated layer of water, we need the cream.
- Grind almonds and oat groats in a blender or coffee grinder, mix with the rest of the ingredients for the base.
- Lay out a rectangular shape with parchment, lay out the base, tamp and level.
- For the cream layer, mix all the ingredients in a blender. It will be liquid. Pour it on the base and bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- When the top is seized, remove from the oven and refrigerate overnight (preferably in the fridge).