|JAPANESE||30 MINUTES||3 PERSONS|
Omurice is a Western-style Japanese food. Omelet and rice are two ingredients of the dish. Fast and easy – no more than 30 minutes from the start of cooking and great results. A huge number of variations for every taste!
I suggest making Omurice and serving it with mushrooms in homemade teriyaki sauce.
|Cooked rice (round grain)||400 g|
|Green pea||70 g|
|Bulgarian green pepper||1 pc.|
|Soy sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoon|
|Salt/Black pepper||Add to taste|
|Champignon Mushrooms||10 pcs.|
|Soy sauce||100 ml|
|Brown sugar||20 g|
|Liquid honey||1 teaspoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Water||100 ml + 2 tablespoon for starch|
|Garlic, choped||2 cloves|
|Ground ginger||1 teaspoon|
|Corn starch||5-7 g|
- Make homemade teriyaki sauce: Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water, mix until smooth.
In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, honey, garlic and ginger. Put on fire and bring to a boil. With continuous stirring, pour the diluted starch into a saucepan, bring to a boil and slightly thicken the sauce. (Leftover sauce can be transferred to a glass jar and kept in the fridge for up to 7 days.)
- Mushrooms: cut into slices. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Place on serving bowls and drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
- Filling: Dice the onion and bell pepper. Cut the carrots into small cubes, chop the garlic. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan, add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. (You can cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to simmer for a couple of minutes). Add rice, soy sauce and ketchup, mix well.
- Omelet: Beat eggs with a whisk. If desired, strain the egg mixture through a sieve for uniformity. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add a little oil and 1/3 of the egg mass, fry the omelet on one side only. When the omelet is ready (the top remains a little sticky), put the filling on half of the omelet and gently wrap the other half in the rice. Repeat for two more omelets.
- Put the finished omurice on a serving plate next to the mushrooms. Drizzle the omurice with teriyaki sauce or ketchup.
You can add ham, chicken, bacon, seafood, vegetables, mushrooms to rice – any products from fridge. Feel free to use your favorite ingredients and make your own version of omurice.