Every year in December, all European capitals are built up with Christmas markets. One of the most important and delicious signs of the holiday is delicious gingerbread.
5-6 cm fresh ginger root
150 g honey
500 g strong flour (protein from 12%)
200 g brown sugar
100 g softened butter
10 g ground cinnamon
half vanilla pod seeds
10 egg whites
300 g icing sugar
slice of lemon
edible decorations, cocoa powder and natural colors as desired
1. For the dough, grate the peeled ginger on a fine grater. Heat the honey, if it is thick. Mix with the rest of the ingredients. Knead a tight and thick dough, wrap in foil, put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Then roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper into a 5mm thick layer.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut out the details of the house using a pattern. Use the remaining dough for gingerbread, cutting them out with molds.
4. Transfer all parts to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
5. To decorate, whisk the egg whites with powdered sugar and a few drops of lemon juice until firm. Transfer the protein mass to a cooking bag, cut off the end. First, paint the gingerbread, walls and roof of the house. Let the glaze solidify completely. Assemble the entire house, holding the parts with glaze. Decorate your house with decorative ornaments. If you wish, you can tint the glaze with natural dyes and cocoa.